||ILASCO, MO - Cable Bridge, one of the
two foot bridges over Marble Creek, was named after Cable's Store.
Marble Creek, which ran through the town of Ilasco, was generally a
trickle, as can be seen by the road below the bridge, but during heavy
rains a foot bridge was the only way to get from one side to the other.
Built in the early 1920's the bridge was five feet wide, made of wood,
and had handrails. The bridge only lasted until the mid-thirties
when it was washed away by high water.