FRIENDS OF THE HANNIBAL FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY
Annual Meeting: October 19, 2016, 4:00 p.m.
Present: President Carol Bridgeman, Leandra Bridgeman, Scout Bridgeman, Vice-President Harriet Grubb, Virginia Mulhern, and Secretary/Treasurer Hallie Yundt Silver. Absent: Scott Bridgeman, Jack Gardner, Norman Grubb, and the Hadley Family.
Friends President Carol Bridgeman called the Annual Meeting of the Friends of the Hannibal Free Public Library to order at 4:10 p.m. Carol Bridgeman greeted and welcomed returning members. Dues were collected, and the new brochure was distributed.
Hallie Yundt Silver provided the Membership Report. She reported there were four individual and three family memberships who had paid this year’s dues. She also reported that Gary Silver had decided not to renew his membership because of his health situation. Based on the paid memberships, she reported that a quorum was present at the Annual Meeting. There was consensus that the Membership Report would stand as read.
Minutes were sent with the packet for the meeting. Minutes were also distributed at the meeting with time to read them allowed. Moved by Harriet Grubb and supported by Virginia Mulhern to accept the Minutes of the previous meeting of October 15, 2015. Motion carried.
Hallie Yundt Silver provided the Financial Report. The spreadsheet was sent with the packet for the meeting, showing the last bank statement (September 15, 2016), balance in HNB savings at $985.20. She indicated that highlights of last year’s finances were included in the agenda for the meeting, including:
· Willman Charitable Fund donated $1,000 to the Friends because of the 501(c)3 status. Contributors to the fund include John and Sharon Willman of Kirkwood, and Lucie W. Kinsey of Hannibal. Their directive was to use the funds for the collection. She said she selected books on a variety of arts and crafts.
· Also because of the 501(c)3 status, Friends were the recipient of a large donation in memory of Janie Lou Dye. Mrs. Dye’s family wanted the funds used to purchase children’s books. She said these books had been selected.
· The Friends gave Walmart gift cards to the staff for significant events. Molly Green resigned to take a full-time position, and Claire (Ewersmann) Ehrlich got married.
· The Friends engaged in three fundraisers: The Party in the Park in May, Library Mini-Golf in June, and the Summer Finale in July. She said that the Library appreciated having the Friends do these fundraisers as they allow attendees to pay for their own refreshments, which helps to keep costs under control for these big events.
Moved by Harriet Grubb and supported by Virginia Mulhern to accept the Financial Report. Motion carried.
Hallie Yundt Silver requested an audit of the books. Leandra Bridgeman and Harriet Grubb volunteered.
Carol Bridgeman called for nominations from the floor for Officers to serve through October 2017. Moved by Virginia Mulhern and supported by Leandra Bridgeman to close the ballot and elect the following Officers by acclamation: Carol Bridgeman as President, Harriet Grubb as Vice-President, and Hallie Yundt Silver as Secretary/Treasurer. Motion carried.
Because the same Officers were returning, it was determined that there was no need to update the Bank Resolution.
Hallie Yundt Silver provided the Director’s Report. She reported that
· The Friends page on the Library website was updated before the meeting.
· Biennial NonProfit Report (filed with Missouri Secretary of State) did not need to be filed in 2016. Filing is due again in August 2017.
· A copy of Librarian’s Annual Narrative Report will be presented to the President of the Friends.
· Rotary continued to use picture books as thank you gifts for speakers.
· Evening Kiwanis funded a complete refurbishment of the Library’s Day Care Kit collection. These kits contain picture books and manipulatives.
· The Woman’s Club of Hannibal supported Babies & Books again in 2015-2016.
Carol Bridgeman reviewed the Calendar for 2016-2017 and identified the following events:
· Annual Meeting, October 20, 2016
· Library’s Holiday Potluck, Wednesday, December 14, 2016
· Book Lover’s Sale, Thursday, Friday & Saturday, February 23-25, 2017
· National Library Week Event, Monday evening, April 10
· Library Tea, Saturday, April 22
· Chess Tournament, Saturday in May TBA
· Kick-Off in the Park, Wednesday, May 24
· Summer 16 Finale for Children & Teens, Wednesday, July 26
· Adult Trivia Night, Friday evening, July 28
· Annual Book Sale, Thursday, Friday & Saturday, August 24-26
· Annual Meeting, October 26, 2017
Hallie Yundt Silver said that the Calendar in the Brochure would be amended to include the Chess Tournaments after their dates were set.
Moved by Leandra Bridgeman and supported by Harriet Grubb to adjourn. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 4:44 p.m. Following the meeting, Friends toured the Library to see the recently repainted areas.
Hallie Yundt Silver, Library Director, Hannibal Free Public Library, and
Secretary/Treasurer, Friends of the Hannibal Free Public Library